How to get started with practicing flair Bartending
Practicing flair bartending can be a fun and rewarding way to improve your bartending skills and impress your customers. Here are some tips on practicing flair bartending:
- Start with the basics: Before attempting advanced tricks and techniques, focus on mastering the basics of flair bartending, such as bottle flipping and juggling. These skills are the foundation for more complex moves and require a lot of practice.
- Use practice bottles: Practice bottles are specially designed bottles that are filled with water or sand instead of liquor. These bottles are less fragile than real bottles and can withstand more drops and spills.
- Create a practice space: Designate a safe and open space for practicing flair bartending, such as a backyard or garage. Make sure the area is free of obstacles and breakable items.
- Watch tutorial videos: There are many online tutorials and videos that can help you learn new flair bartending techniques. Watch these videos carefully and try to replicate the moves at your own pace.
- Get feedback: Ask other bartenders or friends to watch you practice and give feedback on your technique. This can help you identify areas for improvement and give you new ideas for tricks and techniques.
Remember, flair bartending is a performance art, so don’t be afraid to put on a show and have fun with it. With practice and dedication, you can become a skilled and entertaining flair bartender.